Chris and Sara had the original "conquistadoor"... the poorly placed Spanish revival door more appropriate for a Taqueria than an Eichler. It needed to go and they had been counting the days until its departure for some time. Chris even started using a hashtag: #byeconquistadoor ...
Chris booked a day in December and we took care of business. Since the weather has been so cold and wet, we were just now able to finish off painting.
We went with the standard door set we've been using and paired it with square corner hinges from Stanley's Architectural-grade line. A few hours later, the door was hung and operable... we had to wait for final painting, though, because of the rain and cold. We also use a magnetic door stop that (1) looks great and (2) works really well... I'll be using these from now on.
Chris chose the color... and we called it "Bellini"... and the final coat went on this afternoon. It looks delicious.