Over at NorCalMod, I just finished off the most ambitious build to date and have launched the latest CSSU version... the Integrated CSSU which integrates audio into the CSSU concept: think gaming centers, turntable stands, entertainment units, etc.
The first unit was built as an entertainment center to house standard-width (17in) audio gear. It is a standard depth of 14in, but we can also build a deeper 18 or 20in version for deeper components. It features integrated 2-way acoustic-suspension speakers constructed as separate pieces prior to integration into the CSSU — they're quite robust... and they look, and sound, fantastic.
Some features of the series:
- Traditional CSSU construction with anodized aluminum standards, optional adjustable feet, maple or birch main shelving with a choice of contrasting wood or colors.
- 6.5in or 8in 2-way speakers with poly or kevlar woofers in an acoustic-suspension design
- Dual-voice center channel and subwoofer (passive or active) available
- White, frameless speaker grills
- Adjustable center shelves
- 18.5in bays to accommodate standard-width audio gear
- Customizable speaker width (see below designs)
The first unit was constructed of Baltic birch main shelves with teak veneered speakers (6.5in poly cones). It features adjustable feet and comes in at 56(w)x14(d)x24(h)... This version/sample is available for $850.
Click on the phots for larger, clearer versions and contact me if you're interested in spec-ing out your own Integrated CSSU.