With the help of Stefan, TJ and Jacob, we finished the grinding, sanding and painting of the exterior beams and fascia and a few coats of paint later, I think we've finally finished the front-exterior of the house (save the sidelight window replacement conveniently hidden by the cherry tree in the below photo). It's quite a transformation from where we began a few years ago.
The door color is Valspar's Sunset Glow (mixed in a Sherwin-Williams Resilience formula) which pairs well with the body color, Behr's Squirrel (mixed in a Sherwin-Williams Duration formula) and the trim color, a custom gray-brown... a bit less green than Behr's Black Bean (mixed in Behr's Ultra Flat Enamel).
We've had a few "interesting" experiences insofar as paint which we'll detail later. Suffice it to say, we're happy with each of the colors and brands now in use, but have had some trial and error along the way.
We were also able to replace/repair the broken glass at the base of the sidelight next to the door. it had been broken years ago and patched with tape and cardboard by the original owners. Knowing that a piece of Mistlite glass that tall (and tempered for today's code) would be impossible, we opted to carefully trim the broken glass flush (scored with a cut-off disc on the Dremmel) and replace with a solid panel. Granted a full-length piece would've been nice, but this was a $10 repair vs. a $300+ repair. We were even thinking about making it a "parcel" door (or cat door), but decided that we didn't want the atrium to become a flop-house for the local cats. It'd be an easy change-out should we change our minds.